Movie Review Mary Poppins Returns (2018)

Watching the movie...

First time watching a musical movie. An invitation to watch this show by a friend and the actress Emily Brunt attracted me to step into the theater for Mary Poppins Returns. Didn't know about the story line so when the characters seemed to know who Mary Poppins was, I was wondering if there was an earlier movie. Indeed there was and it was closed to more than 50 years ago!

About the movie....

The show was simple and easy to digest. A family dealing with a series of unfortunate events and have a very happy ever after with the return of Mary Poppins.

For an adult like me....

If I were to watch this when I was young, I would be full of joy and happiness. Now that I am all grown up, it felt like an impossible reach to be that happy as portrayed by the characters.

In the movie...

There were a lot of singing. For those like me who never watched the first movie, I wasn't sure if Jack(the guy singing/riding on his bicycle most of the time) and Jane had a close relationship during the first movie but it certainly felt that they were right for each other.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)