Surau Kampong Lorong Buangkok

After weeks of delaying to visit the last kampung in Singapore, my kaki-s and I went to check out the place as we weren't sure if the kampung was still there. 

Meeting at Buangkok MRT, we took Bus 43 and alighted at Buangkok Green Blk 911 stop where we were supposed to take bus 101 to Buangkok Link Blk 980C. However, as it was only a bus stop distance, we traveled on foot. 

If you are thinking of visiting this place, another alternative route you can use is to alight at Yio Chu Kang and take bus 70 and alight at Yio Chu Kang Road opp Shell Station. (BUT well, always do a double check for the directions as I didn't travel there via this route)

Reaching the end of Buangkok Link, there were two paths; 1. one that led up to International Alliance Hostel, and 2. where there were a lot of vehicles parked. 

If you are going to pay a visit there, don't make the same mistake as us. We went UP the route towards International Alliance Hostel which was wrong. 

Even a call to our friend who lives nearby gave us little directions as the place does not have those names which he mentioned to us. 

Luckily we spotted an auntie whom seemed to be living in the vicinity. She pointed us to the route where a lot of vehicles were parked along the roadsides. And just after a short distance of walking... We finally reached!


 
 This signboard gave us assurance that we were at the right place! 

  And walking around the place, we can see that constructions were taking place. Here is a customized letterbox! 
  Followed by a standard design letterbox~ Look at it carefully.. The rust seemed to tell you the age of the letterbox 

The materials of the roof

A look at the last kampung in Singapore 

  
 And a side view of what I would say, a recently-painted house

 
If you are going to visit this place, do not forget to take the pictures of the flowers! They are so beautiful!
 
And so is the plants...

 
My kaki told me that my 50mm will produce a good shot for these beer bottles. But I think I didn't capture the essence of what it should be.

Anyway, beware that there are dogs around so if you are heading there alone. Try not to venture to those areas where there isn't anyone who can help you if you accidentally agitate the dogs. 

Although I only spotted 2, but I got barked at once when I stopped to take a shot. I guess either I disturbed his nap or I stepped on his territory. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)