Admiralty Park 1st March 2009

Sunday morning~~ What a morning ~~ After months of no shooting activities, I finally found my kaki~~ (who is at last free to join me). Initially, I wasn't sure whether going Admiralty Park is the right place for photo taking as I have never been there (neither is my friend). But seeing that many photographers mentioned about this location. I convinced my friend to join me... And it was a trip worth going.. Other than the weather not that welcoming... (due to current unpredictable weather)

After a delicious (and exp) Mac breakfast, we started walking from Woodland MRT station. Almost got lost as I was going toward the wrong side. Luckily I remembered that I should be heading towards Woodlands Ave 2, I asked my friend to get his camera out (fitted with a 18-200mm Nikon lens) and took the road sign. (which was when I saw RP on the right side! Which is just beside Admiralty Park! Thus, we then proceeded back to the right track (with the dark clouds above us))

The Flowers Series

Upon arriving at the north entrance of Admiralty Park, we were greeted by the beautiful flowers in the pond beside a restaurant. (I cropped this picture to make it looks like chinese dui lian, those vertical banners)


This picture is cropped to show only the 2 beautiful flowers.. Their colors makes each other stands out.


Yet another 2 beautiful flowers where their color make each other stands out.

The Insects' Series


See the yellow butterfly? It keep flying non stop. Thus, I took a snap of it in action and left. What I am surprise is that it is not very OOF.



This grasshopper was easily spotted! Actually, me and my friend saw like 2 or three together but I only managed to capture one in my shot which is not OOF.


This moth was flapping away its wings that I have to wait for the right moment to snap it!



And if you happened to encounter a dragonfly that stops by for you to take picture, this must be the same dragonfly. I took like 4 snaps of it and it was still resting... Until I accidentially moved and it flew away.. And just like my friend predicted~~~!!! The eyes wasn't focused when zoomed in... Next time~~ I MUST look at the eyes after taking the shot.

The Mushroom Series


Me and my friend did not really venture thoroughly as the mostiquoes keep biting me and thus, we walked out of the cooling area... and saw these mushrooms towards the west entrance..



Although it seems a lot in my pictures, but there were very few of them. It does look tempting to eat BUT I doubt it is edible.... I prefer the mushroom from the supermarket that are edible! LOL


Before leaving, my friend decided to let me take a "special" shot... where he volunteer to place his camera AND his nokia phone WITH the mushroom...


I must really apologize as I did a bad job~~ Luckily~ his camera and phone are not damaged/dirtied..

The nature series


As the weather was very humid, and it look like it could rain any moment. When I look toward the sky, there was a portion which looked so nice.. After editing, it looked like animated sky... Don't you think so?


The last picture of my trip~ The branches branching out towards the sunlight....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)