Always Check What You Bought

 Recap of my encounter

Went to the nearby supermarket to get some fresh noodles for dinner.

As usual, I was spoilt for choice. I couldn’t decide which brand to settle for. The type I was looking for was those that are fresh with moisture within.

I remembered my mother recommended this particular healthier choice brand. And it wasn’t difficult to locate.

I took a pack of it off the shelf.

A quick glance and I saw some milky liquid that settled with the noodle. Confused, I searched for the expiry date. And I was right, it had turned bad.

The expiry date was 28 Jul 2021 and today is 21st Oct 2021.

I found a staff nearby and alerted her about this. She apologized profusely before she quickly removed all of the affected batch off the fridge.

I did get the noodles I wanted but at another place.

So, always check what you buy especially those with expiry dates

  • Check the content (if it’s viewable)
  • Check the expiry date

Did you know that beauty products and toiletries have expiry date as well?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)