Foodie Times: Snacking!! Churros Churros Churros

Started with my craving for churros.. It was difficult to find in the past and I could only find them at selected cinema popcorn store. It seems to be in trend now! So here I come...


(The 2 images on the right side from the top of the picture)
- Cream Cheese Churro
- Dark Chocolate Churro

Taste: 4.5 out of 5. 

- Cinnamon Churros: Realized there was a difference in length (it was longer than the churros with fillings). Better to have a drink to go along for this. It made me felt thirsty because of the sweetness and the oil/heat. Texture is a bit overcooked (quite dark color)

Dark Chocolate Churro & Cream Cheese ChurrosMy last purchase for the Dark Chocolate Churros was a disappointing less than 20cm in length. Not sure if it's supposed to be that length or I was shortchanged. The first time I tried the same thing, it was way LONGER. Anyway, I still recommend to go for the churros with fillings. Better in taste and keep you going for more. I prefer the cream cheese than the dark chocolate.

Service: -  Order over their counter. (Just some nagging : The first time I was there, we were misled by the collection queue for the ordering queue. The collection point sign was blocked by the people where half of those in the collection queue are customers thinking it was the ordering queue. The ordering point/queue was blocked by their congratulation flower stands. But now that the area is unblock, no one will be mislead)

Location: Located at the 3rd floor of Bugis+, walkable from Bugis Junction (linked to Bugis MRT)

Price: $3+~ $6+/churros (depending on the type of churro ordered)

.
.
.
.

(The last images at the bottom right corner of the picture)
- Cinnamon Churros with Chocolate Dip

Taste: 4 out of 5. Served with chocolate sauce (can be changed from a few selection), it must be due to me still recovering from a bad cold and cough, the churros felt too "heaty" and not well cooked inside. I poured the entire chocolate sauce in to try to finish it. I read from their facebook and it was all good reviews. I should just revisit but till then, this will be my verdict for now. 

Service:  -  Order over their counter. (I remembered that day the store was almost running out of everything. And although it was a simple order, make and collect, the male cashier seemed to be a bit impatient with few customers.)

Location: The one I had was at Bukit Batok Pasar Malam.

Cost: Approx $4+
.
.
.
.


Jimmy's Seaside Fries 
(The 2 images on the left side of the picture)
- Churros with Chocolate Dip

Taste: 3.5 out of 5. Had to pay for the chocolate dip and I regretted getting a dip. It was too sweet for me and the churros was too oily. With every bite, I could feel the oil on my lips and also, there seemed to be an extra flavor...of chicken or something savory...just not churros only. Wonder if the oil was shared with their other fried items.

Service: - Order over the kiosk counter 

Location: Located at the 1st floor of IMM, walkable from Jurong East MRT station.

Price: Approx $5 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)