19-12-2008 Captured at Orchard Road

Before I proceed to "showcase" the pictures I have took, I would really like to show this two pictures. Originated from the same picture, I wasn't able to decide which edited version is better, thus, I decided to show both pictures. Noticed the flower? It was a pity I couldn't see it blossom in the drink...



Yesh! Finally after 1 month plus....

Yesterday I went shopping @ Orchard. Actually I have been there for quite a number of times since the Xmas decoration was up but then I didn't have my camera with me... Not wanting to carry a very bulky lens(ok not that bulky BUT) I choose my 50mm f/1.8 to go along with me...

There were a lot more that I wanted to capture, but I was trying to figure out HOW I should captured it...

Okay.. This is not in Orchard.. It's the Xmas decoration @ Bugis... I went there before going Orchard but it was still bright daylight.. Thus, I didn't took much photos of the Xmas decorations...

After meeting up with my friend, I went Takashimaya. They had this very big Xmas tree which I couldn't even get a good focus. These are the most focus-ed shots of all.

Looks more like a wallpaper.. LOL

Time to head on my next location: Paragon

The dancing lady and partner

The ladies looking for dancing partners

Doesn't she looked like the queen of all?

Inside Paragon
Although there are two, but I attempted to create a third one using the relfection from the panel on the right. (I know it's OOF but the shot of the lady in the middle looks nice as there is a glow from the light bulb which looks like a star)

Thanks to my friend who was willing to wait for me while I tried to capture this lady. It's quite a nice shot as it wasn't OOF but my composition.. (something doesn't look right to me)

There were a number of performance going on at different parts of Orchard and in front of Paragon, there was this performances by a different group of kids, adults and teens.. I only stayed to capture some shots when they were preparing for the first item of the evening (as I have what I termed it as "crowd-phobia")

(Apologies for the lack of captions)

After capturing their shots, I continued my journey
In front of CK Tang... The light decoration was so nice... But I can't capture the beauty of it.. and not to mention there were SOOOOO many people walking.. I didn't want to become an obstacle...

The ribbon with the candy heart (While on my way to Robinson)

The light decoration in front of Robinson...

Another reflection shot (In front of Robinson)

Inside of Robinson

In the kid's department, there were so many cute bear decoration...

At the ceiling, they have this "cable ride" for the bears

It's the center of the attraction for this brown bear as it is the only brown colored bear from among the white bears in the ride

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)