Yasuko to Kenji


Total Episodes: 10

Cast:
Masahiro Matsuoka as Kenji
Mikako Tabe as Yasuko
Kanjani8's Tadayoshi Okura as Jun
Ryoko Hirosue as Erika (Jun'a older sister)

Info: The cast has now been revealed for NTV's drama series "Yasuko to Kenji," which was first announced last month with TOKIO's Masahiro Matsuoka as the lead. The show is based on a comedy manga about a former gang leader named Kenji, who becomes a shojo manga artist to support him and his sister after their parents pass away.

Mikako Tabe is playing the role of Kenji's sister Yasuko. Kanjani8's Tadayoshi Okura has been cast as Yasuko's love interest Jun, while Ryoko Hirosue has been given the heroine role as Jun's older sister Erika, the former head of a ladies' gang that took over her family's flower shop. Erika had fallen in love with Kenji many years ago, while they were both still gang members. Sayaka Yamaguchi has also been announced as a cast member, playing a former underling of Erika.

"Yasuko to Kenji" premieres on July 12.
Source: http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-3357

My Review:
After three episodes into the drama, I find it somehow similar to Gokusen (guy version) but it's about sibling relationship, showing the dilemma of a brother trying to protect his sister. How can a guy who used to be the aniki of the gangster world expressed himself correctly to a girl who is turning into a lady? The answer would be, you got to go through the stage of getting messed up by the situation before you can resolved it.

On the acting, although the expression of Kenji and Erika is very 'over', but it did not make me want to turn off the screen. It's very fun to watch how Kenji tries to look angry and also seeing Erika looking so sweet and suddenly changed into the aneki's attitude.

Another thing I like about this drama is the cast. I have always loved watching Masahiro Matsuoka (the first drama I saw with him as lead would be him in/as Psychometrer Eiji).

Mikako Tabe in Yamada Taro Monogatari: I had a good impression of her (acting).

And Ryoko Hirosue! It's been a long time since I last watch her drama (The last one was like Moto Kare? Pardon me for I don't really go after all drama by Ryoko Hirosue)

Posted: 7/10/08
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited on: 20/03/10
I have completed this drama long ago but haven't got the time to update my blog. I realized I keep wanting to do something better but only ended up diverting my attention everywhere. I shall now stick back to my blog before trying to move on to building a website.

Well, at the end of the whole drama, it's nice that all things ends well. (Is this considered spoiler?)
Anyway, back to the review. I appreciate how each episode shows the concern of a brother to his sister and not repeating the same old plot (in every episode) where Kenji beat the crap out of the baddies. (Although majority it's that way)

What I am quite upset to see is the slow progressing of Kenji and Erika relationship... (Until Eps 6 then we manage to see some light...)

Although things can get dramatic, but what can I say? I am a big fan of Japanese dorama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)