Pineapple Tarts

In celebration of Chinese New Year and my previous experience with making pineapple tarts, I decided to make the pineapple tarts for this year (2008) CNY (alone). The last time I did the tarts it's like one year ago. I had totally forgotten the recipe and so I went to try the one posted online which works well for me(after recalculating the portion to fit my present ingredient quantity.)

I make it into the shape of a peach as the pineapple become burnt/harden when I try to make it like those traditional tarts that you see. I learned from my friend the alternate way and hope you can understand the instruction.

Do note that you should always know your oven well as different oven may produced different results.

Ingredients250g butter
402g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder (Optional, in my case, I did not have it so I did not add any in)
1/2 tsp salt
50g icing sugar (Can be lesser than 50, around 48g/49g)
2 eggs (separate egg yolk with egg white into two different bowls)
A pack of pineapple preserve (A pack from your provision shop will be more than enough)

Methods
1. Sift all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and icing sugar into a big bowl)

2. Add butter with the dry ingredient and rub in till breadcrumb-like.
Note: Cut the butter using a platter knife into cubes and stir with the dry ingredients until it becomes easier to rub in the flour with butter with your fingertips.
3. Add in the eggs yolks and knead to become a dough.

4. Leave in fridge for 20mins (or less than 40 mins else the dough will harden and you will not be able to roll out the dough)

5. Take 1/2 pack of the pineapple preserve (which I believe is still more than enough) and make them into small balls shaped(size depends on your need, the bigger the ball, the more dough will be used to make 1 pineapple tarts. That would also mean a lesser quantity produced.)

6. After removing the dough from fridge, roll out dough on a rolling board and fold the dough for a few times.

7a. Roll out the dough into 1/2cm thick and you use the template shape cutter to make the tart shape and place the pineapple at the center.

OR

7bi. From the dough, take a small portion and roll into a ball shape. Then press it down for a flatten round shaped dough and place the pineapple ball in the center.

7bii."Wrap" the pineapple with the round shaped dough until it has covered the entire pineapple.

7biii. Roll it into a fine ball shape and then at the bottom of the ball shaped dough, use ur fingertip to press it to become a V-like shaped, and at the top of the ball shaped dough, lightly cut a line at the top center to form a Peach-like shaped pineapple tart.

8. Use the egg white and glaze ONLY the dough part and not the pineapple and bake for 15 ~20 mins @170 Celsius

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)