My trip to MacRitchie Reservoir

Oh~ What a Sunday...
After planning in less than a week, and finding out how to get there (bus 52, 74, 166. 157), me and two of my friends "embark" on a trip to MacRitchie Reservoir for photo taking session.



Meeting Time: 7am <- okay, all of us wasn't on time.

It was a gloomy weather and it started raining just when the three of us was all ready to make our way to MacRitchie Reservoir via bus 52 @ Clementi. Not affected by it, we went ahead and took the bus which seems quite fast (although the cab fare from MacRitchie Reservoir back to Jurong was like $14+)

On reaching our destination, we made our way, stopping very often to capture the sun, the lake and the insects, towards the Treetop and a lot of people exercising at the area seems amused by the three of us. You see, one of my friends was taking a Nikon D40 camera which is very attention grabbing while me and my another friend were using those normal digital camera. (And how I wish I had my hands on a D40 or something along that line.)





Apologies for destroying the pictures but my skills are not good enough so please do let me know if you have any comments so I can try to improve my photography skills.







The spider web was nice the sunlight was just right, but somehow my camera just went off with a flash and it seems to make the color a bit unnatural (IMO)

The path to the treetop seems to take forever to reach (and I really thought I would just give up and head home as the path was sooooooooo long). I think the three of us walked like 1 hours or two and we still see the sign indicating that we are still 4km away from the destination.

Finally at the Treetop...




Make a guess the distance that we walked to reach the Treetop?

Almost 8km....

When we finish walking the Treetop, my mind was actually going "FINALLY! Time to head home!!" But the route to the exit proved to be even tiring. With the guidance of the signboards, we thought that exit was just 1.1 KM away. Although exhausted, we kept our pace. Just when we thought we saw the light, it's a false hope for the Exit that was mentioned led us back to the entrance path to the Treetop (which I tell you, at that moment, even if you tell me the Exit is up there, I would rather walk further down to other Exit then back up there as my kneecap seems to be breaking apart.) and the exit was actually like 2.7 KM away...

So we walked and walked and walked...walked ....... walked ......... walked

It really a long walk before we finally exit the place and found a cab home...

Conclusion! Never go to MacRitchie Reservoir if you are not familiar with the route and be 200% prepared. Bring water (COLD beverage would be the best), towel (for your precious sweat), and tons of determination

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almond Florentine Recipe - Revisited (with Air Fryer)

Koi Fish Nian Gao Recipe 鯉鱼年糕 (年年有鱼/余)

Almond Florentine Recipe (using Florentine Powder)